David is a lawyer who teaches Restorative Yoga as well as Kung Fu and Tai Chi. He outlines his method of practice in Restorative Yoga as relieving the effects of fatigue and stress in several ways:
1. The use of the floor, wall and props provide a completely supported environment for total relaxation.
2. Each posture and the total sequence is designed to move the body and the spine in all directions. Well being is enhanced by a healthy spine and back. Back bends, forward folds and rotations left and right provide for complete spinal care.
3. The restorative sequence also provides a semi inverted posture with the hips slightly higher than the head, and allows for proper blood flow to the head. The semi inverted posture with legs up the wall helps relax the body and slows down the heart, and helps lower blood pressure.
4. The restorative sequence also simulates, soothes and relaxes the internal organs.
The backbends, forward bends and the rotations helps to squeeze and refresh blood flow, with enhanced oxygen exchange.
5. The restorative practice allows us to find and connect to a deeper energetic place, and we rebuild our reserves of prana.
6. The breathing exercises help focus the mind and oxygenate the body.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
6:00AM – 10:00PM
Saturday & Sunday
7:00AM – 10:00PM
The Riverside Club
110 Point McKay Crescent NW
Calgary, AB T3B5B4
(403) 283-3200 Ext. 215
Copyright 2017 The Riverside Club | All Rights Reserved